1. ECW NAME AND LOGO
The ECW name and logo are the exclusive property of ECW. Use of the ECW name and logo without ECW’s express prior written permission is prohibited.
All other trademarks, service marks and logos used on this site, with or without attribution, are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
2. ACCESS AND USE
The site is open to and welcomes people from around the world. ECW aims to create an environment on the ECW website where every person feels comfortable, no matter their nationality, gender, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation or political conviction.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by, any other party.
You must not:
- use any part of the content or resources on the site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us first;
- transfer the content or resources to another person or "mirror" the content or resources on any other server;
- reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise access the source code for any software that may be used to operate this site;
- remove any copyright, license or other notices on any resources or otherwise on this site.
4. LINKS TO EXTERNAL RESOURCES
The site may include links to other websites that are not under ECW’s control. ECW provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement or approval by ECW of any website, product or service. If you decide to access linked third-party websites or applications, you do so at your own risk. ECW does not assume any responsibility or liability in respect of such websites, including, for example, responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on those websites.
Your use of this site, and any of its contents or resources, is entirely at your own risk.
ECW provides this site and its content and resources “as is”. ECW disclaims any liability or responsibility arising from the use of this site or its content and resources. ECW, its officials, employees, consultants, agents and contractors, will not be liable for any financial or other consequences whatsoever arising from the use of this site and its content, including the inappropriate, improper or fraudulent use of such content.
ECW does not warrant that the functions contained in the content or resources on this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the content or resources. No representations or warranties of any kind concerning this site are given, including responsibility for any infection by virus or any other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
The mention of names of specific companies or products on this site does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of ECW.
The use of particular designations of countries or territories or maps on this site does not reflect a position by ECW on the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries.
7. ECW HOSTED BY UNICEF
The ECW Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). This means that:
- This site is operated by UNICEF for and on behalf of the ECW Secretariat.
UNICEF’s name and emblem is protected under international law. Use of the UNICEF name and emblem is prohibited.
What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any standard identifiers such as your name or email address or any online identifiers that are specific to you as an individual such as cookies.
In brief: How do we protect your Personal Information?
- We will not use your Personal Information other than for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We will not sell your Personal Information.
- We will not keep your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
- We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information. For example, we use third parties to host our website and provide services to us and have put into place the necessary contractual arrangements with the aim of ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal data we share with them.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect From You?
Newsletter and Updates
If you have elected to receive our newsletter or to receive updates or other notices from us, we will ask you to provide your name and email address.
Awards, Contests, Surveys, Events
We may collect information from you when you participate in awards, contests, surveys or events posted on this site.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our ECW team, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. We remind you to never communicate your password by email, even with the ECW team or UNICEF staff member.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes indicated below and only when it is strictly necessary to:
- Communicate with you, for example, in response to a request from you or in relation to updates and system notifications or other administrative functions;
- Inform you about latest developments and offerings from ECW. You may unsubscribe from any of these communications;
We may de-identify (i.e. anonymize) and aggregate information collected through the site for statistical analysis and other lawful purpose, including to better understand the usage of the ECW website and improve the operation of the site.
The aggregated and anonymized data may be shared with third parties, such as our partners, supporters, educators and researchers through conferences, journals, and other publications.
3. How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We generally do not share your Personal Information. We may share it only for the purposes indicated below and only when it is strictly necessary.
Why and how do we share your Personal Information?
- We may share your Personal Information with third service providers to maintain and improve the site. For example, hosting providers and database providers (for data storage purposes) and other specialist information security and development providers (for enhancement of the security or other functionality of the website).
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission. We may seek your permission in various ways. For example, we may present you with an “opt-in” prompt when you set up an account or access certain content.
We will only transfer your Personal Information to trusted third parties who provide sufficient guarantees that your Personal Information will be kept secure.
We will never sell your Personal Information.
We may share your de-identified (i.e. anonymized) and aggregated Personal Information to third party providers for ECW site operation purposes, including maintenance, improvement and administration.
4. How Can You Control Your Personal Information?
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive newsletters or other marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com.
Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving newsletter or marketing communications from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding this site.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will only use and store your Personal Information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for and as specified in UNICEF’s retention policy. We use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your Personal Information within a [1 month] timeframe upon your written request.
6. Is the ECW Website Secure?
We are committed to protect your Personal Information through the implementation of encryption methods, firewalls, regular security patches and antivirus. Unfortunately, such precautions may not be sufficient to guarantee a complete security of your data. It is always a possibility that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your Personal Information or private communications. So, although we work extremely hard to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your information or communications will always remain private.
We also ask that you do your part to safeguard your Personal Information. Be careful about connecting to the site using insecure Wi-Fi. Public Wi-Fi, for example, is inherently insecure — so be cautious.
Should you have reasons to question the integrity of this site or your data, please do promptly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What About Links to Third Party Sites Referenced or Embedded on the Site?